Today, we are going to teach you the process of removing dust from car interiors. Here we will make the process super easy and very clear for you.
Step No. 1: Declutter
In this step, you need to remove all the unwanted items, garbage, and floor mats.
Step No. 2: Clean the floor mats
- If your car has rubber mats, you need to rinse them, first.
- Second, take a degreaser and spray liberally on the rubber mats.
- Then, brush the carpet using a carpet brush.
- If the mat is made of standard fabric, then vacuum the mats thoroughly.
- Then, you need to spray a carpet and upholstery cleaner directly on the mats.
- After that, you need to scrub the mats using a carpet and upholstery brush.
- Next, take a clean microfiber towel and blot and wipe away the excess dust.
Step No. 03: Vacuum the interior
Now, take a vacuum cleaner and move the seats back and forth to gain access to all the hidden nooks and crannies. Also, you need to get into the folds of the seats whether the seat is leather or upholstery.
Step No. 04: Clean the interior dust
Till now, you cleaned floor mats and seats. Now, take a soft bristle detailing brush and a vacuum to clean the dust from the air vents. Note: You need to keep the vacuum close to the dust to keep all the dust.
How to clean car interior fabric?
In the following section, we will break down the easy hacks of cleaning out the interior fabric, especially the car seat.
Ingredients you need:
- A vacuum cleaner.
- A squirt bottle.
- First, you need to fill up the bottle with warm water. Then, pour some regular dish soap into the bottle.
- Now, clean the vacuum cleaner’s hose pipe with a rag. If the pipe has dirt, then those may get on your seat.
- Next, take the bottle of soap water and squirt it on the seat. Note: You can do about half the C’s at a time and let the hot water soak in and soften up the dirt.
- Now, turn on the vacuum cleaner and suck up all the water from the seat.
- After doing it the first time, you see the seat looks a little bit clean. If your seat has stains, then you need to do the same process on that particular area multiple times.
- Then, you will see all the stains and dust are almost gone.
How to clean inside of car dashboard?
If you are a car owner, you know the car’s interior dashboard gets dirty quickly. Though the dashboard is made of plastic, it will become faded if you don’t clean it properly.
Ingredients you need:
- Plastic and dashboard cleaner.
- Dashboard restorer
- Microfiber cloth
- First, take the plastic cleaner and spray it on the dashboard or whichever plastic you want to clean.
- After spraying, you need to wait for a while. Then, take the microfiber cloth and scrub the area that you want to clean.
Tip: You can spray the dashboard cleaner a little bit to the microfiber cloth to make the cloth slightly wet. Therefore, it will help you in getting a good result of cleaning.
- After using the cleaner, you can remove the stain, dirt, and oil from the surface of the plastic.
- Now, take the dashboard restorer or dresser. You can use that ingredient easily. So, simply put some drops on the dashboard and put some drops on the foam applicator.
Note: Foam applicator will come with the dashboard restorer or dresser.
- Next, you need to simply massage the foam over the dashboard. Therefore, the dashboard will soak the foam very well.
Note: While buying a restorer or dresser, you need to make sure the product is UV protected or not. Because the UV-protected restorers are of no use.
Can I use dish soap to clean the car interior?
You know a dishwashing liquid is formulated to strip away grime and crap from the dish and clean them. Obviously, you don’t eat off dirty dishes. You can apply the same logic while applying in the car. Using the dishwashing liquid, you can wipe away all the dirt and grime from the car.
However, it may disturb the protection of the car. Interestingly, most car coatings come with chemical-resistant features and withstand washing.
One word of caution: Although the dishwashing liquid is relatively accessible to most likely at our house, my suggestion is not to make it a habit to wash your car. The reason is it will strip all the paint protection of your car.
Readout more about:
Keeping an elegant look both inside and outside of the car is important. So, in this process, washing plays a very important role. If you want to do that yourself, hopefully, our discussion will help you. However, we want to wrap up the discussion of how to clean the interior of cars with household products. Also, if you have any queries, let us know.